Visa FAQs
  1. Which visa should I apply for?

The type of visa required for students between the ages of 12 to 17 is a Child Visitor Visa (CVV) and age 18 or above is a Student Visitor Visa (SVV). Please note that you should not apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa.

To come to the United Kingdom as a child/student visitor you must be able to show that the applicant:

  1. How do I apply for the visa?

You can apply for your visa up to 3 months before you travel. You should allow 6-12 weeks to ensure you get your visa in time to book flights at a reasonable cost.

As part of your application, you will need to visit the UK visa application Centre in your country


How to apply:

Please use the following address link:


Click on Register an Account and complete the details requested.


Visa types:


Adults over 18 choose Study Visit Visa (less than 6 months in the UK)

Children under 18 choose Child Visitor Visa (less than 6 months in the UK)

If you will be travelling to the UK without an adult (someone over the age of 18), you will be treated as an ‘unaccompanied childvisitor’. Your parent or guardian will need to provide:


If you will be travelling to the UK with an adult (someone over the age of 18), you will be treated as an ‘accompanied child visitor’. If you apply for a visa, you must identify this adult in your visa application. The adult’s name will appear on your visa, and you will be refused entry to the UK if you arrive in the UK without that adult. You can identify up to 2 adults in your visa application, and your visa will only be valid if you travel with at least 1 of those adults.


  1. How do I complete the Application Forms?

First of all, before you do anything you must read the Guidance notes on filling in the Visa application. Then carefully look at the Supporting Documents Checklist on the website to see the list of all required documents.


  1. How do I show that I have sufficient funds?

Students need to demonstrate to immigration officials that they have enough funds in their own or in their sponsor’s bank account to cover their entire course fees and the cost of their air ticket. Please note that if the accommodation, daily meals, and airport transfers are included in the course fees, then accounts should be equal or more to the total of the Course Fee and the Air Travel costs.

You should submit ONE of the following as evidence of funds:


  1. What is the Visa Offer Letter?

Berkshire Training Services will issue the “Visa Offer Letter” once they have received the fee payment for the course. The Offer Letter will contain the following information:


  1. What documents should I bring with me for the appointment?


You must ensure that you only enclose the original documents with your application andnotthe photocopies. If you need to have the documents translated into English you must take the original and the translation to your appointment,

When you attend your appointment, you should bring:

Supporting Documents:

(Remember, even if your own School, College, or University is not working in conjunction with Berkshire Training Services, you can still ask them to provide you with a letter with your full name, address, Course title, Course fee, start/finish of the course you are currently registered on.)

(Note: The above list of documents is only for guidance purposes you need to check the information available on the UKBA website to see if there are any additional documents required.)

  1. How long does a visa application take?

Currently the British Embassy is working on 3 to 4 weeks visa processing turn around after attending the appointment at Embassy/Centre. Please note that the time mentioned above is only for guidance and sometimes it may take longer so you should apply for your visa as soon as possible.

  1. How much money should I bring?


For Activity Courses:As everything is included in the price, the only money students need is for any shopping or anything extra they want to spend their money on during their stay with us. We would recommend around £50 to £100 per week.

For Corporate Training Breakfast and lunch are included on teaching and visit days. You will need enough money for dinner each night and any travel you wish to undertake e.g. to London via train. At weekends breakfast is included so you will need to get your own lunch and dinner. We recommend an average of £25-£50 per day.

  1. Do I need to make arrangements for my own insurance?

You will be pleased to know that Berkshire Training Services Language and Activity Courses and Corporate Training fees automatically include comprehensive travel insurance. You may of course wish to arrange your own insurance policy – just let us know.

  1. 10. Where can I get more advice and information about the Visa Process?

Contact: The UK Border Agency

If you need any assistance from Berkshire Training Services please contact us on:

Phone: + 44 1753 577 664, Email:




All of the above FAQs have been compiled to help and support potential students in the Visa application process. Please note, we do not guarantee nor take any responsibility for the success of your Visa application. It’s strongly recommended that you read the Visa application guidance notes to see if there is any more information or documentation required by the Embassy